Lovely lemon lavender muffins are here!
Since this is just a base muffin recipe, you could use it to make any type of muffin you’d like! Make blueberry muffins, chocolate chip, the ideas are endless!
Be sure to see my notes 📝
More photos at the bottom.
For the muffins:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Cup vegetable oil or vegan butter
1 Cup Almond milk, or another dairy-free milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
The zest of 1-2 lemons
1 Tablespoon ground lavender
For the glaze:
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
3 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
Zest of one lemon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest, and lavender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
4. Add cupcake liners to your muffin tin, or grease your pan using oil or vegan butter. Fill each cup 3/4 of the way. The recipe should make exactly 12 muffins.
5. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. You’ll know they’re done when you touch the muffins and they spring back slightly when pressed. If they’re wet, they need a few minutes longer.
6. Once the muffins are cooled down, you can add the glaze and wait a few minutes for it to set up.
To make the glaze:
1. Put powdered sugar in a bowl and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
2. If adding lemon zest, sprinkle it on top of the muffins after adding the glaze.
This brand of flax meal works wonderfully for replacing eggs in baking. For every 1 egg, replace it with 1 Tablespoon flax meal+ 2 1/2 Tablespoons water.
Dried lavender from my mother in law’s garden.
Follow me on Instagram for more @autumn.the.vegan 🌱