Pumpkin and cookies, two of my favorite things!
This recipe makes about 36 cookies.
1 Cup vegan butter
1/2 Cup White sugar
1/2 Cup Brown sugar
1/4 Cup pumpkin purée
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
3 Cups gluten free flour (Bobs Red Mill 1:1 baking flour works well).
1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
1 Tsp Ginger Powder
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp salt
1. To a medium- sized mixing bowl, add the vegan butter and both sugars. Cream together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add the pumpkin purée and vanilla extract and blend well with the electric mixer.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and fold-in with a wooden spoon or spatula.
4. Split your dough into two. Cover two cutting boards with flour and roll each half your dough out onto them, rolling them out no more than 1/4 inches thick. Put these into the freezer while the oven preheats.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°. Once preheated, the cookie dough should be chilled. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your shapes and place them onto a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm.
6. Allow the cookies to cool almost completely on the baking tray before you move them. Allow to cool completely before you frost them.
Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting:
4 Tbs Pumpkin purée
1 Tbs Vegan butter or coconut oil
3 Tbs Cornstarch
1 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ginger powder
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
Pinch of salt
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix with an electric mixer or a fork until well combined. It will be a thick frosting.
Chocolate Buttercream frosting:
2 Tbs Vegan butter or coconut oil
2 1/2 Tbs Cocoa powder
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Tsp Plant milk (I use almond milk)
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix with an electric mixer or fork until well combined.
-If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add just a teaspoon of almond milk. A little liquid goes a long ways!
-You can sub the brown sugar for white sugar, the cookies will be more of a shortbread texture.
Follow me on Instagram @Autumn.The.Vegan