8 Cups Sourdough bread, Cubed (or bread of choice)
1 Tbs Vegan Butter or oil
1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Celery stalks, diced
1 Large Carrot, diced
1 Tbs Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Dried Sage
1 Tsp Dried Thyme
1 Sprig of rosemary (optional)
1/4 Tsp Black pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt
1-2 Cups vegetable broth
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the cubed bread onto a baking sheet in a single layer and toast for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
2. While the bread is toasting, dice the onion, celery, and carrot and set aside.
3. Heat the butter or oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onion, celery, and carrot. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the carrots are a bit soft. Add the garlic, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper, and sauté a minute or two longer.
4. Add the toasted bread in a large dish and toss with the sauté mixture. Add the vegetable broth until the bread is saturated but not soggy.
5. Bake at 375° for about 30 minutes, until the top is crunchy and golden. Enjoy!
-Opt for a firmer bread like sourdough or potato bread. A soft white bread will squish when you try to cut it into cubes.
-If you don’t like carrots they can be omitted.
Recipe for seitan turkey here: https://autumnsvegankitchen.com/2019/11/19/holiday-turkey-recipe-vegan/
Recipe for creamed corn here:
Recipe for bacon bits here:
Follow me on Instagram @Autumn.The.Vegan