With all the nice weather we’ve been having here in the Willamette Valley, I decided to make something a little summery. Enjoy 💕
3 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Cups sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Canola oil (or another neutral tasting oil)
1 Can of Coconut Milk (13.5 ounces)
1/2 Cup of Plant milk (any will work, I used soy milk)
1/3 Cup Lime Juice
Zest of 2 Limes
Ingredients for glaze:
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Zest of 1-2 Limes
1 Cup Powdered Sugar, approximately
1-2 Tablespoons plant milk (this may not be necessary depending on how juicy your strawberries are) you could also use lime juice.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°f
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, zest. (dry ingredients).
3. To the dry ingredients add the milks, vanilla, oil, and lime juice (wet ingredients). Whisk together until combined.
4. Prepare your bundt pan or 8×8 inch cake pan by greasing it with either vegetable oil or vegan butter. Pour the batter into your pan.
5. Bake your cake for 45-50 minutes. To check if it’s done, use a toothpick or knife and poke all the way into the center of the cake and pull out. If the utensil comes out clean, you’ll know your cake is done.
6. Once finished baking, take out of the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before taking the cake out of the Bundt pan. Turn the pan upside down and gently shake the cake out onto a plate. If the cake is being difficult, use a butter knife and scrape along the edge in-between the cake and the pan.
7. Let cool completely before adding glaze.
To make the glaze:
1. Cut the strawberries into cubes, and then mash the berries in a bowl using a fork. Add the vanilla and lime zest. Add the powdered sugar. If the glaze is too thick to spread on the cake, add a tablespoon of plant milk or lime juice to thin.
Now you can pour it over the cake. I like to use a silicone pastry brush to spread the glaze evenly. Enjoy!